Kh & Gh Buffers for your Pond and Koi Pond from CascadeBitz
Pond fish require a safe and stable pH to remain healthy. As pond water ages, fish waste and other organic matter uses up the carbonate hardness (KH) that provides this safe and stable pH. If left unchecked, a low KH can lead to unstable water quality, a sudden drop in pH and serious illness in fish. NT Labs ‘KH – Buffer Up’ replenishes these essential minerals leading to a safe and stable environment.
Gh & Kh Koi Pond Buffer
Koi Care Pond Buffer KH Up
The buffer capacity of pond water is the ability of pond water to maintain the pH at the correct level for the survival of your fish. The metabolism of fish in the pond tends to use up KH buffer and if this is not replaced can lead to sudden pH crash causing death of fish, frequently at night. It is advised to test KH regularly with Pondlab Hardness Test Kit and maintain the KH level above 6 degrees carbonate hardness.
- Test carbonate and general hardness
- Easy to use
- Immediate results
- Problem solving advice
- Correct hardness is essential for plant growth and stable pH in fish
- General hardness is involved in important biological functions
- General hardness is important when source water is soft
- Carbonate hardness is important for plant growth
- Carbonate hardness is critical for pH stability
- Carbonate hardness is a factor in efficient biological filtration
Used in conjunction with GH and MINERALS UP, this carbonate hardness buffer prevents pH crash when maintained at a suitable level. Also provides valuable support for Genesyz.1 Kg treats 6800 litres (1500 gallons)